Old Girl Honoured in Queen’s Birthday List
Congratulations to St Catherine’s alumnae Samantha Baillieu (Myer ’78) who was awarded an AM in the Queen’s Birthday Honours List for 2016 for her significant service to the community through support for charitable initiatives, animal welfare and to rural and regional renewal.
Samantha’s service includes:
- The Yulgilbar Foundation (formerly the Baillieu and Sarah Myer Foundation): Chair, since 2013 and Director, since 2001
- The Yulgilbar Foundation that supports a range of charitable initiatives, including Haven – Home, Safe project, Bendigo, Predators’ Precinct Learning Centre development, Zoos Victoria
- Yulgibar Alzheimer’s Research Program, in conjunction with the University of Melbourne
- The Florey Institute of Neuroscience and Mental Health
- Lort Smith Animal Hospital, Animal Welfare League of Victoria:Director, since 2000
- Member, Animal Ethics Committee
- Foundation for Rural and Regional Renewal
- Assessment Sub-Committee, Tackling Tough Times Together Program
- Assessment Sub-Committee, ANZ Seeds of Renewal program
- Assessment Sub-Committee, Small Grants for Small Rural Communities
- Patron and Ambassador, Melbourne City Mission, since 2009
- The Alannah and Madeline Foundation
Well done to Samantha on her years of dedicated service to the wider Australian community.