St Catherine’s School celebrates outstanding VCE Results 2015
Taken from: St Catherine’s School celebrates outstanding VCE Results 2015, Education HQ, Monday 14 December 2015
This year, our Year 12 cohort have continued our School’s excellent tradition of academic success with outstanding performances across a wide range of subjects. As a School, we are extremely proud of all their achievements.
A year of wide ranging achievements has culminated in some truly exceptional results in the Victorian Certificate of Education:
• 9.5 per cent achieved ATAR scores of 99 and above which places them in the top 1 per cent of the state;
• 28 per cent achieved ATAR scores of 95 and above which places them in the top 5 per cent of the state;
• 53 per cent achieved ATAR scores of 90 and above which places them in the top 10 per cent of the state;
• 77% achieved ATAR scores of 80 and above which places them in top 20 per cent of the state;
• Study Scores of 45 or above (top 2 per cent of State) were attained in 60 per cent of the subjects taught at St Catherine’s School: Biology, Business Management, Chemistry, Economics, English, English as an Additional Language, History: Revolutions, Literature, Specialist Mathematics, Mathematical Methods (CAS), Media, Physical Education, Global Politics, Studio Arts, Visual Communication Design;
• Perfect Study Scores of 50 were achieved in 24 per cent of subjects taught at St Catherine’s School: English, History: Revolutions, Specialist Mathematics, Physical Education, Global Politics and Studio Arts.
We are an open entry school and our results reflect the hard work and dedication of our students, the outstanding skills of our teaching staff and our supportive community.
We congratulate our 2015 Year 12 graduates for their exceptional efforts and wish them well in their future endeavours.
We also congratulate our 2015 Dux, Zhihui (Jennifer) Wang, pictured, who achieved a perfect ATAR score of 99.95; one of only 35 students in Victoria.
Jennifer achieved a perfect study score of 50 in Specialist Mathematics and was placed in the top 2 per cent in the state for Biology, Chemistry and English as an Additional Language. As a Year 11 student in 2014, Jennifer also achieved in the top 2 per cent of the State in Mathematical Methods and Music Performance.
“I was so pleased to receive this result. I could not have achieved this without the academic, emotional and social support from my teachers and fellow students at St Catherine’s,” Jennifer said.
“After undertaking work experience in Year 10 with an anaesthetist I was determined to study medicine. Now, I hope with my results, to study Biomedicine at Melbourne University.
“The careers guidance, mentoring and skill development provided at St Catherine’s greatly assisted me to select subjects that would allow me to reach my goal of studying medicine,” she added.
St Catherine’s School Principal, Mrs Michelle Carroll, said the confidence, composure and focused approach of our Year 12 students throughout this year was continually reflected in their dedication to all their endeavours.
“During the year, our students have also committed wholeheartedly to the wide range of opportunities that St Catherine’s provides. These opportunities incorporate an active involvement in community service, a commitment to a range of leadership positions and enjoyment experienced through participation in Sport, Music, Debating and much more.”