Girl’s Talk – Growing Up Online
The Semester 2 Girls Talk Webinar will feature Australia’s foremost expert in the area of Cybersafety and young people, Susan Mclean.
Susan will present Growing Up Online: How to Keep Your Child Safe in the Digital Space on Wednesday 26 August 2020 at 6:00pm – 7.00pm. The session is open to to ELC to Year 12 parents and will cover the positive benefits of technology, as well as what parents need to be aware of, including:
- Cyberspace 101. The reality of the online world.
- What are kids doing online. Learn the latest apps and platforms TikTok, Omegle, House Party & more.
- Online Grooming. What is it and when/how does it occur? What are the warning signs and what to do if you suspect this is happening to your child.
- Cyberbullying. What it is, where it happens, what it looks like, how to prevent and what to do if it occurs.
- Sharing Nudes. The taking and sending of explicit images. The social and emotional consequences as well as the Law.
- Problematic Gaming. How to manage digital devices in your home to avoid problems and what to do if/when they arise.
- Exposure to damaging content. Including online pornography and sites that encourage suicide, self-harm & eating disorders.
- Top Tips How to assist the children in your care to stay safe online with rules, parental controls and restriction passcodes.
The session will conclude with time for questions.
Once you have registered, you will receive the link to join the webinar.