Meet Your Community: Sports Auxiliary President Mrs Libby Stopp
What are the main objectives of the Sports Auxiliary and its key achievements over the past year?
The Sports Auxiliary objective is to support the Sports Department in promoting and encouraging all sport at St Catherine’s by:
– Encouraging the involvement and participation from all levels of the School community – students and parents alike
– Liaising and assisting the School’s Sports Department to deliver its curriculum and key activities
– Engaging in specific fund raising activities where necessary to assist in raising funds for sporting equipment
– Recognising and acknowledging effort, participation and excellence in sporting achievement
What are the key events taking place for the Sports Auxiliary in 2017?
In 2017, the Sports Auxiliary intends to promote and facilitate the following events:
– St Catherine’s Fun Run/Walk
– Father/Daughter Dinner
– Sports Awards Breakfast
Why do you think volunteering is so important? How can people contribute?
The Sports Auxiliary is always looking for new parents with a diversity of knowledge and skills to enhance the overall strength of the committee. I have been on the Sports Auxiliary for five years and have greatly enjoyed the camaraderie from the other parents and Sports Department.
Can you tell us a little bit about yourself and your background?
My daughter, Alexandra is now in her last year at St Catherine’s. She is an enthusiastic sports person and I have loved getting involved and contributing as required. Professionally, I am a musculoskeletal physiotherapist and I know how sport can teach us many lessons about life!!
I look forward to working with the Auxiliary Committee and meeting new members in 2017.
The first Sports Auxiliary meeting is scheduled for 20 February at 6.30pm in the Sherren House Dining Room.