St Catherine’s School recognises the special contribution that can be made to the School by our international students. Our Community is enriched by the cultural experience and perspectives that result when its student body is diverse.

All international students or Full-Fee Paying overseas Students (FFPOS) offers are subject to the following conditions being met:

Step 1

Complete the Application for Enrolment Form and submit along with:

  • AEAS Test Results
  • A copy of passport and birth certificate
  • A copy of the parent’s passport or identification with signature
  • A certified copy of the student’s most recent school report
  • A certified translation of this same report if applicable; and
  • Documentation regarding the number of years the student has been
    learning English as the major language.
Step 2

Once all documentation has been received, the application will be reviewed by the Registrar and Principal.

Step 3

An interview with the Principal will be conducted either on campus or via Skype and applicants will be notified of the outcome via email.

Step 4

Following successful interview, a letter of Offer and Enrolment Contract will be supplied.

Step 5

On receipt of signed Contract and enrolment fees, the School will provide a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) which enables a student to apply for a Student Visa and arrange Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC).

St Catherine’s School is a Child Safe School

St Catherine’s School complies with the Victorian Government Child Safe Standards and has a Child Safe Policy and Child Safe Code of Conduct that applies to all members of the School Community.

As a Child Safe School, St Catherine’s is committed to empowering girls in an environment where they can feel safe, secure, valued and respected. We strive to create a culture in which staff, volunteers, children and families feel comfortable and supported when talking about any child safety concerns. Children have rights and are encouraged to express any concerns about their safety to one of the designated Child Safety Officers.

Welfare and Accommodation

Students under 18 years of age will only be granted a visa if there are adequate arrangements in place for accommodation, support and general welfare. Your visa application must demonstrate that you will be accompanied by a parent, legal custodian or a DHA approved relative. If you will not be living with a parent, legal custodian or a DHA approved relative, the School can agree to be responsible for approving your accommodation, support and general welfare arrangements while you are in Australia on a student visa. All Overseas Students planning to study at St Catherine’s School are required to indicate their accommodation arrangements at the time of application. The School requires that all students either:

  • Live in Australia with a parent, a DHA approved relative or a legal custodian;
  • Live in the Illawarra Boarding House (must be at least 13 years of age); or
  • Live in a Homestay accommodation arrangement approved by St Catherine’s School (must be at least 13 years of age).
Boarding at St Catherine’s School: Illawarra

St Catherine’s Boarding House is a happy environment in which to make lasting friends and to be supported during your time in Australia. Eligible Overseas Students from 13 to 18 years of age can reside at the School’s Boarding House, subject to availability. The Director of Boarding Services (assisted by a number of Boarding House staff) monitor the health and welfare of the students in her charge with diligence and care. Find out more about our boarding house.

During Term breaks, students residing in the Boarding House must:

  • return home to parents, or
  • apply for approval to stay with a DHA approved relative, or
  • move to a Short Term Homestay arrangement approved by the School.

Where the students will not be residing with a parent or DHA approved relative and a boarding place is not available, eligible international students may be considered for a School approved Homestay arrangement. St Catherine’s School currently engages a Homestay Services Provider to organise homestay accommodation options but the school does not delegate, outsource or contract out the responsibility for approving the accommodation and providing support and general welfare arrangements for a student who is under the age of 18. Stringent selection, approval and monitoring processes apply and will be discussed at the time of application.

Nominating a Local Contact

All Overseas Students not accompanied by a parent, legal custodian or a DHA approved relative will be issued with a Confirmation of Appropriate Accommodation and Welfare (CAAW) letter and are required to nominate a Local Contact. The Local Contact details must be included in the Enrolment Contract and must meet the following criteria:

  • Must be over 25 years of age
  • Must have an adequate grasp of written and spoken English
  • Must be a Permanent Resident of Australia and live in the Melbourne metropolitan area and be easily contactable by telephone. If the Local Contact is away for an extended period of time, a replacement must be nominated and the School notified of this change.
  • Must obtain a Working with Children Check (WWCC)

If you have any questions about this process please do not hesitate to submit an online enquiry or contact Admissions.
Phone: +61 3 9822 1285