Outstanding VCE Results!
The Class of 2012 at St Catherine’s School has distinguished itself as a year group, attaining some outstanding VCE results. The girls showed a committed attitude and approach to their studies and examinations, strong leadership potential, and talent in various areas of the School’s co-curricular programs. A remarkable year of wide ranging achievements has culminated in some exceptional results in the Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE):
- 4% of students recorded Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) scores of 99 or higher (placing them in the top 1% of all Victorian students);
- 28% achieved scores of 95 and above which places them in the top 5% of the State;
- 45% achieved scores of 90 and above which places them in the top 10% of the State;
- Perfect study scores were attained in: English, History: Revolutions and Studio Arts
- Study Score of 45 or above (top 2%) were attained in 13 of the 25 subjects taught at St Catherine’s School: Biology, Business Management, English, Geography, Global Politics, Health and Human Development, History: Revolutions, Literature, LOTE: Japanese, Mathematics Methods (CAS), Media, Philosophy and Studio Arts.
Acknowledging our 2012 Dux
We congratulate the Dux of St Catherine’s School for 2012, Isabella McNamara, who achieved an ATAR of 99.4. Isabella gained a perfect score of 50 in Studio Arts and scores of 48 in English, 43 in Global Politics, 43 in Literature and, in 2011, 40 in History: Revolutions. Isabella has also been shortlisted for Top Arts, an exhibition of photography, drawing, painting, sculpture, mixed media, ceramics, film and printmaking produced by VCE Art and VCE Studio Arts students, held at The Ian Potter Centre: NGV Australia.
Isabella has already been offered a place at RMIT University in its Bachelor of Design (Fashion) course but is also considering studying for a Bachelor of Arts at the University of Melbourne, where she has been part of the Kwong Lee Dow Young Scholars Program since Year 10.
Continuing a fine academic tradition
The results of our 2012 School Leavers are a true reflection of their capabilities and application to their studies, as well as a tribute to the educational environment and quality of teaching provided at St Catherine’s School.
This year’s VCE results continue a proud history of consistent high achievement at VCE level at St Catherine’s School. Over the past four years, on average 5% of our Year 12 students achieved an ATAR of 99 and above, 31% have achieved an ATAR of 95 and above and 49% have achieved an ATAR of 90 and above. Compared with a State average of 20%, approximately 74% of our students achieve and ENTER of 80 or higher (average St Catherine’s VCE results 2009–2012).