2014 VCE Results
The Year 12 students of 2014 have continued a strong tradition of academic success at St Catherine's School with outstanding performances across many subjects. As a School, we are extremely proud of all their achievements.
The girls have demonstrated exceptional leadership skills and a commitment to academic excellence. This is a reflection of their dedicated and earnest approach to all their endeavours. Their achievement as a year group is also testament to the expertise and proficiency of our teaching staff and the invaluable support of our School community.
During the year, our students have also committed wholeheartedly to the wide range of opportunities that St Catherine’s provides. These opportunities incorporate an active involvement in community service, a commitment to a range of leadership positions and enjoyment through participation in sport, music, debating and much more. Their willingness to uphold the School Values of Integrity, Curiosity, Perseverance and Empathy has culminated in the following exceptional results:
- 44% achieved scores of 90 and above which places them in the top 10% of the State
- 30% achieved scores of 95 and above which places them in the top 5% of the State
- 17% achieved scores of 97 and above which places them in the top 3% of the State
- 11% achieved scores of 98 and above which places them in the top 2% of the State
- 3% achieved scores of 99 and above which places them in the top 1% of the State
- Study Scores of 45 or above (top 2%) were attained in over a third of the subjects taught at St Catherine’s School: Accounting, Business Management, English, History Revolutions, Literature, French, Further Mathematics, Maths Methods and Music Performance.
Acknowledging our 2014 Dux
Congratulations to our 2014 Dux, Georgia Sexton, who achieved an ATAR of 99.35. Georgia was placed in the top 2% in the state for English, Literature and Studio Arts.
Mrs Michelle Carroll