The St Catherine’s Old Girls’ Association (SCOGA) is proud to launch its inaugural SCOGA Fellowship, which has been established to strengthen the aim of SCOGA which is to support the professional development of Old Girls and to positively impact our community.
This Fellowship offers a financial contribution of up to $5,000 towards further study, a project and/or related travel that will fulfil the purpose of the Fellowship.
The Fellow will act as an ambassador within the SCOGA community and as a role model to current students.
Applicants will be required to demonstrate how their project or study addresses the key selection criteria.
Conditions of Award
- The applicant must have completed their final year of schooling at St Catherine’s School.
- The study, project and/or related travel must be completed within 12 months.
- The applicant must specify the purpose of the study, project and/or related travel and include a timeline and/or itinerary on the application form.
- The Fellowship funds will not be available to be paid against existing HECS fees.
- The St Catherine’s Old Girls’ Association Fellowship is awarded on an individual basis only.
- The successful applicant will be formally awarded The St Catherine’s Old Girls’ Association Fellowship at the St Catherine’s School Valedictory Night in October.
- More than one (1) Fellowship per annum may be awarded but the awarding of the Fellowship is not mandatory each year.
- The Fellow will be required to participate in an agreed number of SCOGA and/or St Catherine’s School events upon completion of their Fellowship.
- The Fellow will be required to submit a detailed report on their project or study within three (3) months of completion.
- It is expected that the Fellow become an ambassador for the Fellowship upon the completion of their project or study and be willing to speak at various SCOGA and St Catherine’s events and forums.
* Exceptions may be considered, including study or projects that have commenced at the time of application. In that case the timeline and/or itinerary together with receipts must be provided.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Furthers professional career development;
- Demonstrates benefit to the wider community;
- Demonstrates commitment to professional learning and continuous improvement;
- Aligns with the School’s values and motto.
Applications will open each year on 1 August and close on 31 August.
The application form will be sent on request to the SCOGA Committee: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Two referees, one professional and one personal must support each application.
- Please include your resume with your application if you would like.
- The award will be selected by the Committee of the St Catherine’s Old Girls’ Association, and in consultation with the Principal of St Catherine’s School.
- A written response will be provided to all applicants by 15 October.
- The selection panel may also choose to conduct interviews.