St Catherine’s empowers and nurtures independent and thoughtful young women who are confident of their ability to make a difference in a changing world. They truly are women of the future, ready to embrace all that life offers.
A Vibrant Community of Learners
Our comprehensive Senior School curriculum encourages collaborative and individual learning. Our students are taught to develop negotiation, problem-solving, communication, presentation, planning and researching skills, and are encouraged to participate actively and challenge themselves across our extensive co-curricular programs.
From Music to Sport, overseas exchanges and trips, leadership opportunities, community service initiatives and Outdoor Education, St Catherine’s provides every student the opportunity to play a part in their own personal development and future aspirations.
At St Catherine’s, we are committed to ensuring each student is able to enquire deeply, respond positively to challenge and change and is ready to lead. Through the development of these skills, we aim to shape women of the future who add value to their community and chosen field of endeavour. In September 2017, the School commenced a significant upgrade to the Science Laboratories in the Edna Holmes Centre for Science.
This redevelopment will enhance the delivery of science learning and improve the capacity for our girls to succeed in an emerging workforce based in the science and technology industries.
Key features include:
- Larger and more flexible laboratories to accommodate scientific inquiry and practical work;
- Addition of a third ‘Wet’ Laboratory for Junior Science Classes;
- Creation of a new TIDE (Technology, Innovation, Design & Engineering) Laboratory, specifically incorporating a new Robotics store and Optics Lab;
- Installation of emergency eyewash and shower units in all laboratories to improve safety and risk management;
- Extensive refurbishment of the existing Science Centre Courtyard.
This project forms part of a broader strategic intention to strengthen Science, Technology and Mathematics learning at St Catherine’s School and complements the addition of a purpose-built STEM Laboratory and the recruitment of a Science specialist teacher in the Junior School.