Beyond Boundaries: Growth Through Adventure and Challenge
“We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children” – Author Unknown
It is full steam ahead on the Beyond Boundaries program with the Year 8s returning from Mitchell River last Friday and this Friday the Years 1 and 2 students will undertake their School Experience and next week the Year 3s travel to Camp Sunnystones.
Tonight at School, we have the Years 1 and 2 classes combining to participate in a range of Outdoor Education activities followed by dinner. The Year 1s will depart after a tasty BBQ dinner and the Year 2s will experience their first ever sleepover at School.
The initiative activities offer the girls empowerment, character development and provides them a strong sense of achievement – through experiencing a sense of ownership, adventure, excitement and challenge.
Good luck to all the girls!
For more information, please contact the Beyond Boundaries Office on 9828 3057.
FACT FILE: Helping Your Child Sleep Away from Home
Many children and teens may become anxious or feel fear of sleeping away from home. It is important to gradually face their fears and help them to feel comfortable.
Helping Your Child Sleep Away from Home: HOW TO DO IT!
Step 1: Explain the plan
Step 2: Make a fear ladder
For example, if your child’s goal is to go to a sleepover at a friend’s house, some of the steps on the fear ladder might be:
* Have a friend come over and spend the day at your house.
* Have a friend sleep over at your house.
* Have two friends sleep over at your house.
* Go to a friend’s house to play with a parent in the other room.
* Go to a friend’s house to play without your parent there for an hour.
* Go to friend’s house to play without your parent there (parent calls once).
* Stay overnight at a friend’s house, calling your parent once, if feeling anxious.
* Stay overnight at a friend’s house, without calling your parent.
Make sure to go at your child’s pace, and always reward and praise your child for every attempt they make at moving another step on their fear ladder.
For more information click here.