At St Catherine’s School we welcome international students, and celebrate the diversity and global influences which they bring to our community.
We are committed to maintaining a balance of students across different regions and encourage an equally diverse international community. We have international students from China, Malaysia, Thailand, South Korea, Hong Kong, Singapore, Brunei and Indonesia.
Our international students find the St Catherine’s School experience provides: close and supportive community, intellectual, social, emotional and moral development; high academic achievement; and diverse opportunities to pursue all areas of interest.
Boarding at St Catherine’s School provides our girls with a safe and comfortable living environment. They have the opportunity to make friends with girls from across Australia and around the world. Take a virtual tour of our fully renovated, National Trust-listed Victorian mansion providing a comfortable and unique home environment to our community of girls.
Gaining a Place at St Catherine’s School
- Complete the Application for Enrolment Form.
- Return Application with a non-refundable registration fee of $220 (per non-resident student), a copy of the student’s Birth Certificate and Passport and a copy of the AEAS English Report (if applicable) or an IELTS test result must be supplied at the time of Application.
- The student’s name is then added to a Waiting List for entry in the Year and Level nominated. When the student’s name is reached on the relevant list, students undertake a basic literacy and numeracy assessment to determine their educational needs, after which an interview (on site or via Skype) with the Principal is arranged at which the parents or guardian and student attend, bringing with them current school reports.
- A formal offer of a place in our School may then be made, and a non-refundable Entrance Fee of $1,800 for one child, or $2,500 (maximum) for more than one child, is immediately payable to accept a place.
- Upon receipt of such monies, formal confirmation of the place is provided.
- Students are required to obtain a student VISA from the Department of Immigration and Citizenship.
- All non-resident students not living with their parents are required to have a Guardian.
- For the benefit of the student, a certain standard of English is required which allows the student to interact effectively with the educational and pastoral care programs and activities of the School. More information about required standards can be found in our Expectation of English Proficiency and Educational Qualifications.
We look forward to welcoming your daughter to St Catherine’s School.